Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Christmas present

I got a bread maker for Christmas. This is not the least of what I've gotten, but it is high on the list of things that excite and interest me. I got a crock-pot as well, to replace the much used one that an ex-roommate stole when he moved out. Moraxian [link NSFW] will tell you that during our first shoot I was using the crock pot to make vegetable stew. Fantastic shoot. My first commercial bondage shoot is now forever tied to the scent memory of savory vegetable stew cooking up. I'll walk past a restaurant and the cooking smell wafting out of the kitchen will envelop me in warm, snuggly memories of being tied to a chair with a bomb strapped to my feet.

Anyway. The present that I'm basically most excited about this year was a bread maker. I'm pretty sure that this marks me as one of the most irredeemable kind of nerd possible. The fact that as soon as I broke out the bread maker -before I did anything else- I read the entire manual probably doesn't help my nerdery.

RP drove me home from my parents' house (his parents live not far from mine) and insisted that I break out the machine as soon as he had me transfered to my house. He waited impatiently the entire time I read the manual. Finally, I was ready to put in the ingredients.

Since the manual made it sound like the slightest little thing could result in inedible crap for bread I followed the instructions exactly. RP fidgeted, "Make sure to-" he interjected.

"You sir, are a backseat bread maker."

The mix of ingredients dumped in the machine I shut the lid and pressed the buttons. The bread maker beeped, RP ran over and we both peered in the window of the lid like little kids anxiously awaiting Santa. We stood there for a solid five minutes, fascinated by this tiny machine creating bread. This is the exciting and glamorous life of a model.

1 comment:

anthony0358 said...

That sounds like a wonderful Christmas

I hope that you have a very happy brithday!